Exam & Hygiene Visit
Regular dental exams and hygiene visits are vital to the overall health and beauty of your smile. Regular check-ups can include the following care and treatments:
- Examination of diagnostic digital x-rays which are essential for the detection of a wide variety of dental issues including decay, tumors, cysts, and permanent bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Periodontal Disease (Gum disease) check which examines the periodontal structures: Gingiva (gums), Periodontal ligament (ligament attaching the gum to the tooth), Alveolar bone (jaw bone) and Cementum (covering of the root of the tooth). This important part of the examination measures how tightly attached the gum is to the tooth. The tighter the gum, the healthier it is and less likely for food, plaque and tartar to collect along the gum line.
- Examination of tooth decay – all tooth surfaces will be checked for decay, fractures, and any inconsistencies.
- Examination of existing restorations – check current fillings, crowns, cosmetic repairs etc.
- Examination of malocclusion which measure how your teeth are fitting together and how well they are functioning for chewing.
- Examination for any TMJ concerns and any muscle discomfort you may be having.
- Removing tartar, plaque and polishing of your teeth.
- Providing advice about any current or potential dental issues, giving you the tools you need to take the best care possible of your teeth and gums.